This page is being updated... | xxx... | xxx... | xxx... |
Any floor needs to be cleaned regularly, and carpet is no exception. There are three good reasons to perform carpet maintenance:
- The representative factor: people want to feel comfortable and welcome.
- The economic factor: a good maintenance programme extends the life and initial appearance of carpet.
- The hygienic factor: a well-maintained carpet has a positive influence on the Indoor Air Quality.
Carpet has considerable advantages over other floor coverings:
- Its maintenance is easy and cost effective when executed regularly.
- Carpet traps the dust, and keeps it from becoming airborne again. Butthat trapped dust needs to be removed. All that’s needed is a goodvacuum cleaner to retain the dust. A micro-filter (HEPA-filter) is recommended.
- Unlike other floor coverings, no other cleaning products or tools arerequired to keep a carpet clean.
- Stains on carpet are no drama.
Of course, with children running around or guests coming over for a party,the possibility of stains goes up. But today’s high performance of carpetfibres is such that stain removal is easy and effective in most cases. Moststains can be removed with tepid water.
Basic rules for stain removal
- Act as fast as possible.
- Remove as much as possible of the spilled substance with a spoon.
- Immediately wet a bath towel with cold water, wring it out and place over
- Leave the bath towel to dry.
- When the bath towel is saturated, replace it with a fresh one until the stain doesn’t give off any more dirt.
- Let the stain dry in the open air
- Avoid the usage of soapy cleaning products or salt.
A good vacuum cleaner is all you need for the daily maintenance of your carpet
- Vacuum cleaning.
Regular vacuuming with a good vacuum cleaner will effectively remove dust and dirt from the carpet pile.
- Stain removal.
Immediate stain removal is synonymous with effective carpet care. Many carpet manufacturers provide information on their website.
- In-depth cleaning is important for the removal of persistent dirt and particles that cause the wearing-out of carpet, including sand, small stones, etc. Depending on the type of carpet, various in-depth cleaning methods are available. Consult a specialist to determine the method that suits your specific type of carpet. It is important that all the detergents are properly removed from the carpet pile after the cleaning session, and that the carpet is completely dry before walking on it again.